Every business should prepare for the worst. Those that don’t may never fully recover from a disaster. But not all disasters are created equal. And not all businesses are at risk for every kind of disaster. At WheelHouse IT, we understand what it means to be storm ready! With the 2019 Hurricane Season, officially here our team has reviewed and refined our hurricane plans.
The WheelHouse IT team have tested our 60,000 KW generator and the redundancies to our office in Fort Lauderdale. While hurricanes and coastal storms can force a business to be closed for days if not weeks at a time we take our business continuity serious.
The preparation from WheelHouse IT includes but is not limited to:
- The systems used by WheelHouse IT to support your business are strategically hosted in data centers far away from exposed coastal areas in the United States. This ensures that even if our office is closed, our systems are up 24/7/365.
- WheelHouse IT maintains a support staff in multiple locations including our offices in New York and Los Angeles with remote teams in Iowa and Arkansas, enabling us to continue providing remote support even in an extreme event where our Florida office could be temporarily down. We also work to have hotels booked in several cities outside of the storm impact area where members of our team will be located for the duration of the storm.
- The entire WheelHouse IT team is equipped with company-issued wireless hotspots enabling them to provide support from wherever they have safely relocated to, in the event that the operations at our Florida office are interrupted.
- Our Fort Lauderdale office is equipped with a generator to allow our office to run at full capacity even if the power cannot be immediately restored by utility crews following an outage.
- On a quarterly basis, our team runs an internal business continuity test to ensure that we are prepared to support your business should a Hurricane impact our Florida office.
- Our team understands the impact that hurricanes have on our customers. With safety being our top priority, they are committed to returning to work immediately once a hurricane has subsided to respond to any on-sites that may be needed after the storm.
- Our Fort Lauderdale headquarters is strategically located in a well-protected and resilient environment that can withstand most storms.
- Even though we have put extensive measures in place and were online hours after Hurricane Irma passed on September 10, 2017, hurricanes are a major natural disaster with unpredictable damage, there is no way we can guarantee that the Fort Lauderdale office will be 100% online immediately after a storm. WheelHouse IT is, however, well distributed and will be online in non-impacted locations.
Throughout this 2019 Hurricane Season, please keep an eye out for additional emails from our team. These emails will come from [email protected]. We will communicate with you about updates we receive from the National Hurricane Center as well as steps we are taking to protect your business during this Hurricane Season.